After a very long winter here on the east coast the first few rounds of our 2013 race season are in the books and we could not have asked for a better turn out or better weather for this early in the season. Round one of our season was held at Riverglade MX Park and got the 2013 MX season off with a bang. Friday morning I finished loading up my trailer and hit the road for the Glade, besides the awful head wind driving was great. On route we met up with most of the team and convoyed to the track. When we finally got to the track we set up the pit area and had a chance to see all the teams new bikes, banners, and colours put all together for the first time, it was very satisfying as a team owner to see it all come together. As all the racers rolled in it was great to see everyone back at the races for the start of another season. Practice got underway on time and the track was PRIME. The Riverglade crew laid down a good amount of water the night before and it made for some awesome ruts in the corners and great traction everywhere. There was battles in just about every class and the fans got a show being able to see the newly mounted Red Bull KTM Rider Tyler Medaglia tear up the track on his new bike. My Wide Open Racing team started the season off strong with everyone finishing among the top of their respected classes. I want to congratulate them as everyone rode awesome! All in all it was a great day of racing and all the riders left looking forward to the next Riverglade round on June 8th.
So what has been happening lately you ask? Normal stuff for the avid dirt biker I guess.
One of the more notable events was that I got stuck with my fifth wheel on my way back from riding in Michigan.
I thought finishing our family vacation with a race would be a good idea; the Anthill Classic was right on our way home. I had no idea what this race was like and assumed my big rig would fit the event. On a dry day, I think I would have made it to the parking area…
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Team Canada ISDE Round Up Report
Monday, 07 October 2013 | 4809 Views
It has been a long road to Olbia Italy for the 2013 Canadian ISDE team. With many first time riders…
Team Canada Women Finish Second on Day 3
Wednesday, 02 October 2013 | 3384 Views
The Canadian women had a great day at the ISDE on day 3 of racing. Shelby Turner finished the day…
Team Canada ISDE - Race Day 1
Monday, 30 September 2013 | 3988 Views
Day 1 at the 2013 ISDE are in the books and the Canadian team has all come into the park…
- Royal Distributing CXCC East - 2014 Finale this weekend at Walton
- Husqvarna's Andrew DeLong One Step Closer at South Carolina National Enduro
- Marty Halmazna is set to return to Hard Enduro at Red Bull Sea to Sky
- Red Bull Rocks & Logs returns to Wild Rose MX Park in Calgary with all new format and features
- DEAN FERRIS TO FINISH 2014 MXGP SEASON WITH ICEONE RACING
- Franz Kadlec is the new European Trial Champion
- Importations Thibault Ltd has become the distributor for ONE Industries products in Canada.
- RED BULL KTM’S ROCZEN IS US PRO MOTOCROSS CHAMPION
- Marco Cannella Conquers Walton!
- Colton Facciotti To Fill-In For TLD / Lucas Oil / MAVTV / Honda's Malcolm Stewart
- Benoit and Medaglia go 1-3 in the Championship!