The biggest show in Canada when it comes to motocross is the Toronto Supercross. This year the fans that were on hand at the Rogers Centre were treated to one of the best Supercross races of the season, and maybe in the last several years? have a look at some of the action from Saturday night.
It is once again Toronto Supercross weekend and there was a selection of riders at the Press Day, including Canadians Cole Thompson and Davey Fraser.
Ross “Rollerball” Pederson, the most victorious Motocross rider in Canadian history, returns to Toronto’s SkyDome 25 years after his first race there in 1989.
TORONTO (March 23) -- The impressive journey of GEICO Honda rider Wil Hahn continued Saturday night with a gut-check runner-up finish at the Roger's Centre in downtown Toronto. Hahn remains close to perfect on the season with six podium finishes in six starts, including two victories and two second-place results.
Arriving in Canada with his biggest lead of the season in the Monster Energy AMA Supercross 250SX East standings, GEICO Honda's Wil Hahn is more motivated than ever to return to the top of the podium to keep his advantage growing during the 2013 schedule's stretch run.
March 24, marked the return of the only Canadian stop on the Supercross tour. A season riddled with injuries to the front-runners in the Supercross Class may have tempered the intrigue of the Main Event, but the Lites Class made up for it.
There are a couple things I wish I could say I saw here at Toronto on Saturday night, but alas, not all dreams come true. I was really hoping I’d get to say I got to see Cole Thompson make his first Lites East Podium, but alas, he suffered a bad crash and was forced to pull out of the event. I also can’t write about Stewart chipping away at Villopoto’s lead because he wasn’t cleared to ride either.
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (March 23, 2012) – James Stewart will not race round 12 of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship this Saturday at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, ON. Stewart, who suffered a crash at last weekend’s event in Indianapolis has been thoroughly examined by his medical team and the determination has been made that he is not yet ready to return to racing.
AURORA, Ill. (March 19, 2012) – A strong outing to claim his sixth win of the season, combined with the misfortune of his remaining championship rival, has given Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto firm control of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship. The defending Supercross Class champion carries a 54-point lead into the championship’s annual visit to Toronto’s Rogers Centre for the 12th race of the 2012 season this Saturday night.
Media day is Thursday, March 22 from Noon-2:00 p.m. inside the Media Center at Rogers Centre, featuring Canadian Standout Cole Thompson.
- Royal Distributing CXCC East - 2014 Finale this weekend at Walton
- Husqvarna's Andrew DeLong One Step Closer at South Carolina National Enduro
- Marty Halmazna is set to return to Hard Enduro at Red Bull Sea to Sky
- Red Bull Rocks & Logs returns to Wild Rose MX Park in Calgary with all new format and features
- DEAN FERRIS TO FINISH 2014 MXGP SEASON WITH ICEONE RACING
- Franz Kadlec is the new European Trial Champion
- Importations Thibault Ltd has become the distributor for ONE Industries products in Canada.
- RED BULL KTM’S ROCZEN IS US PRO MOTOCROSS CHAMPION
- Marco Cannella Conquers Walton!
- Colton Facciotti To Fill-In For TLD / Lucas Oil / MAVTV / Honda's Malcolm Stewart
- Benoit and Medaglia go 1-3 in the Championship!